Website lab
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HTML Website Body

Go down

HTML Website Body  Empty HTML Website Body

Post by Ivi Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:15 pm

This forum will become a journal of what we have learned so far in every area of coding that we are using for this website. The guide category will start become more resourceful once we write our own guides and summaries of books. I recommend that whenever one of us learns a concept we post a guide on it so that they can share their knowledge to other team members of our group. This is an example of a draft guide I quickly wrote on the HTML Website Body.

Source of code: W3Schools

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>Page Title</title>
</head>
<body>

<h1>My First Heading</h1>
<p>My first paragraph.</p>

</body>
</html>

Explanations:

Note: Commenting in an html <!This is simply just a comment and it will not appear on the website>

<!DOCTYPE html> <! Establishes the type of file you are about to write on>
<html> <! Establishes the type of code you are about to write>
<head> <! This command opens the header area of the website This is where the CSS code is written. >
<title> The title of the Website </title> <! This establishes the tab label name of the page you are in. This is located in the browser tab area and not in the website itself>
</head> <! This closes the header area of the website. The slash signifies the end of a command line declared before.>

<body> <! Opens the body of the website. The body website contains everything located in the website area of the browser. Anything that is written after this is displayed on the website.>

<h1>Welcome to my website</h1> <! The h emphasizes the text. The 1 symbolizes the size of the text. If you write "h2" the text will become larger in size>
<p>My first paragraph.</p> <! The "p" indicates that a paragraph is starting. The paragraph ends whenever the command is closed>

</body> <! Closes the body of the website>
</html><! The html file ends here>
Ivi
Ivi
Admin

https://website-lab.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down